Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing

This recipe goes out to Jane and her 5 furry little white friends (hey, they should have a treat now and then too!)

Carrot Cake... Need I say more? You either love it or you hate it. I can safely say I can count, on one hand, the number of people I have met in my lifetime that do not like carrot cake.

What makes a good carrot cake? the carrots, the spices? Nope, the ICING !! The more icing the better but what makes carrot cake icing so darn good? The answer is simple: CREAM CHEESE !

I have baked many a carrot cake in my day but Anna Olson's one is the winner. Moist and tender with a kick-ass icing. No need to even layer it. An 8inch square pan is all you need.

Rather than reposting here I will simply redirect you to the recipe link. Give this one a try, you will NOT be disappointed.

A word of advice, use crushed pineapple vs diced. Trust me on this one.

Anna Olson's Carrot Cake

3 comments:

  1. A tip: use the wider grater side when grating your carrots; you don't want small little bits of carrot because they will not hold in moisture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda. I am really looking forward to making this one, it looks really delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a wonderful carrot cake recipe. I love it with lots of cream cheese icing. Sometimes I add a handful of chopped walnuts too. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Linda @ Lemon Drop