Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins

Start your morning off right with the taste of a cookie disguised as a muffin! These have all the great ingredients you would find in your beloved oatmeal cookie. Whole wheat pastry flour is used instead of all purpose for a little dose of " healthy". And of course, a full cup of oats doesn't hurt either.

I found this recipe after a search on foodgawker for an oatmeal muffin my kids would really enjoy. When I saw "cookie" in the title I knew I had found a winner.

This recipe makes 12 muffins but if you want a higher domed version, you may want to consider going with 10 instead and filling the liners up a bit more with batter. Just give them a little longer baking time.

Some advice: there is 1/4 cup of butter in the recipe and trust me, it does make the bottoms greasy post-baked. Therefore you may want to consider using foil liners or add an extra liner after they are baked.

I opted for semi-sweet chocolate chips but dark or even milk chocolate varieties would work well too. Even leaving out the chocolate and using raisins instead would be great.


Instead of reposting the recipe I will redirect you now to How Sweet It Is and her recipe for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins.

RECIPE LINK: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins

ENJOY !


Also linked here:






Cast Party Wednesday


3 comments:

  1. mmmm... these look amazing! Foodgawker just has the best recipes! I'll have to try these, but use my jumbo muffin tin to make a more substantial breakfast or to-go snack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These muffins look delicious!! What a great recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE oatmeal cookies so I know I'll love this muffin! I'm printing this recipe and will make them for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Linda @ Lemon Drop