So in honor of my love of Britain, the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Year and London 2012, I am offering you, my sweet followers, a chance to win an amazing cookbook COOKING BRITAIN.
My fave part of the book though are the tidbits of history for the featured foods. Want to learn the origin of the Bakewell Tart? Or how a Lardy Cake came to be? It's all right here.
The "food dictionary" at the back of the book is also heaven-sent. Not sure what a Bramley apple or know what it is but cannot find it locally? Then head to the back of the book where you will find a description of the item as well as substitute recommendations. For us non-Brits this is essential.
Now you will need to act fast if you want to participate. This giveaway closes at 11 PM next Saturday, July 28th. Just follow the steps outlined below for your chance to win!
Minimum requirements (1 chance to win):
- Be a follower of this blog and add a comment*** to this post stating you are a follower. To follow, simply scroll down on the right until you see the Follow button in the sidebar. Then join up!
Additional chances to win:
- Minimum requirements must still be met
- Publish a post on this giveaway in your own blog and link it back to this post (+2 more chances to win)
- Add a link at the side of your blog (sidebar) to my blog. Feel free to use any image from this post if you want to (+ 1 more chance to win)
- Provide a link to your blog in your comment and leave the post/link on your blog for 1 more week after the giveaway has closed for compilation purposes.
Contest closes 11 PM EST, July 28th, 2012. An online random selection tool (@ random.org) will be used to select the winner. Name of winner will be announced on Lemon Drop July 29th, 2012 and a request will be issued to the winner to contact me privately. The winner has 24 hours after winner announcement to contact me and claim their prize.
Good luck to all !
If haven't tried British baking yet then you are missing out on a world of goodness. Why not take a test drive with this incredible recipe for Spiced Chelsea Buns