Milk Chocolate Jumbo Oatmeal Cookies

Nothing like Grandma's oatmeal cookies! Yup, these contain oatmeal but that is pretty much the only remnants left of the traditional oatmeal cookie. The addition of cocoa and milk chocolate chips bring these babies up to a whole new level of YUM.

You can use any brand of chocolate chips you prefer but for me nothing beats Callebaut Milk Chocolate. 1 1/2 cups added to the batter is sheer perfection.

Are they really jumbo? Uh, ya, they are. You can squeeze in about 6 cookies per standard baking sheet and you need to leave PLENTY of room between the cookies as these spread out quite a bit during baking. 3-4" spaces is ideal.

This recipe makes approximately 18 large cookies. You will need 3 cookie sheets, each one lined with parchment paper and then you are ready to begin.

These are large, sweet, super crispy and oh so chocolatey. Simply put, I adore them.

LET'S GET STARTED!




RECIPE:
*adjusted source recipe: Family Circle Ultimate Comfort Food Cookbook

WHAT YOU NEED

3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder (best quality you can find)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups large flake old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips

MAKE IT

PREHEAT oven to 350F
LINE 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper

IN MEDIUM BOWL, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt
IN LARGE BOWL, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar MED speed for 3 minutes
BEAT in eggs and vanilla
ON LOW SPEED add in flour mixture blending til just combined
GRADUALLY add in oats blending again til just combined
FOLD in chocolate chips

USE your cookie scoop to measure out cookies - dropping them 3-4" apart onto parchment lined baking sheets
BAKE 17 minutes
LET COOL in pan 5 minutes
TRANSFER cookies to cooling rack and let cool to room temperature

FANTASTIC !



Also seen here:











Button




13 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 14, 2011

    This looks really good. Definitely a chocolate-y improvement over oatmeal raisin cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! I think I'd love the texture of these because of all of those ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to go in and whip these babies up immediately. VERY DELICIOUS! I didn't have any chips, so chopped up some chocolate-peanut clusters - worked great. These cookies are super chocolaty and not too sweet. Just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cookies sound soooooo good. I'm craving chocolate big time right now. Must make soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love oatmeal cookies! Gotta try this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Linda - that is wonderful you tried the recipe and really enjoy the cookies !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chocolate and oatmeal? Loves it! Thanks for sharing with Fat Camp Friday. See you next week! http://bit.ly/npf0ml

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow those look awesome. Love jumbo cookies and the chocolate puts these over the top :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousJuly 15, 2011

    I'm new follower visiting from Foodie Friday, this is all my favorite ingredients,I have to borrow this recipe, hope you don't mind!..I want to make these this weekend!
    Hope you can visit LazyonLoblolly,I have a Bobby Flay cookbook giveaway.
    ~Jo
    Lazyonloblolly

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousJuly 15, 2011

    Please let me know if I can borrow this recipe.
    I want get until I hear from you, and if you rather I didn't I understand!...
    ~JO
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy delicious! This recipe combines my two favorite things...chocolate & oatmeal. I can't wait to try these! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look really delicious. I prefer milk chocolate to semi-sweet. I would love to try one of these. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH my! this looks great. .chocolate at oatmeal combination is really great.=)

    Buy Rift Platinum

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Linda @ Lemon Drop