Donut Muffins with Vanilla Cinnamon Glaze

These lovely little muffins are a wonderful way to start off the morning. With the taste of an old-fashioned glazed doughnut without the deep frying.

This recipe caught my eye on the King Arthur Flour site. It isn't a new idea and has been "revamped" by many. The traditional way to top these is by dipping them in melted butter then in a cinnamon/sugar mix.

The original recipe can be found here at the King Arthur site. For a bit of a change and added moisture, try adding 1/4 cup of full-fat sour cream to the wet ingredients.


I thought a glaze would work better than the recommended butter and cinnamon sugar topping, at least where my kids are concerned. Besides, I prefer the floor as clean as I can keep it. A glaze just makes sense!

For the glaze, simply combine the following ingredients in a medium sized bowl:

  • 1 cup of icing sugar sifted together with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons cream (you may need 3 if you feel it is too thick)
  • 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter.

Blend together with a fork. Spread onto muffin tops while still warm. I just put a dollop in the center of each muffin and let it ooze down the sides. The glaze will dry and form a smooth topping as it cools.



ENJOY !


Featured Here: Sweet Tooth Friday



Featured Here: FOODIE FRIDAY !



Featured at Ekat's Kitchen's Friday Potluck

13 comments:

  1. A glazed donut without the frying... gotta love that! They sound great-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These will surely be a hit at my house :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. What marvellous cupcakes! As for the glaze it seems to be yummyyyy!! Hi from Greece, I'm glad I found your lovely blog :))! If you want come for a visit to my blog: Tantekiki.blogspot.com and follow me!
    I hope to see eachother frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow they look so yummy! Thanks for your comments on my hutch. The color is Timeless Beach, Valspar Medallion...it is a great color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Cristie - thanks for the color info! I love that hutch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! What's not to like about a melding of both muffins and donuts? It's the best of both worlds. Luv those cute little wrappers you've used. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to get on the donut muffin bandwagon and bake some of these! They look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen so many wonderful recipes from King Arthur lately. These muffin donuts sound wonderful!

    Thanks for linking up with Sweet Tooth Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look yummy! I often want to make donuts, but I don't have a donut pan. It's on my wishlist. This would be perfect b/c I can use my muffin tin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there,
    I'm so glad I've found your blog. I love your recipes and your style of baking. I look forward to following more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely muffins! I almost bought the same cupcake liners but changed my mind in the last minute. :) They look great with your muffins.

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm dying to try some donut muffins! Yours look wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Linda @ Lemon Drop